Working from home? Here’s how to turn your phone into a scanner!
The current COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world upside down. Many of us woke up one morning to find that we were suddenly remote workers. This has certainly created some challenges as we try to set up functional home offices.
At Hypercube tech, we’ve received countless calls from people looking for help coordinating the technology they need to efficiently work from home. While most employees have a home computer and an internet connection, for many, it ends there. Things we once never had to think twice about, like scanning a document, now present challenge.
Luckily, you don’t need to run out and buy a home scanner, or even download an app. If you have an iPhone, then everything you need is right in the palm of your hand. That’s right, there’s a free scanner for iPhone built right into the notes app.
If you didn’t know how to scan from an iPhone using this method, you’re not alone! However, once you see how easy it is to do, it will quickly become your go-to method.
How to Scan From an iPhone: Step by Step
When you’re ready to scan a document, simply locate the official iPhone notes app, then follow these steps.
- Open up an existing note or create a new one. You can do this by tapping the notes icon in the lower right corner of your phone.
- When the menu appears, tap the camera icon.
- Choose “scan documents.”
- If your scanner is in “auto” mode, it’s set up to automatically detect a document. In this case, just hold your phone in front of it and the phone will capture the image. If it’s in “manual” mode, you’ll need to actually take a photo of the document. (Note: You can change this by updating the settings, which you’ll find in the upper right corner of your device).
- Check the image to make sure you’re happy with it. If you need to adjust the size, you can drag the corners of the page. You can also click “retake” if you want to discard your image and try again.
- Repeat the process until you’ve scanned all of your pages, then hit “save” on the bottom right corner. This will create a PDF document.
Once you’ve finished scanning, you can go back in and edit your document. Some options include cropping, rotating, adding more pages, and even switching between black-and-white and color. You can also rename your scan by tapping on the document name.
When you’re ready to share your document, just tap the “share” button. You’ll find this in the upper right corner. Need to add a signature or input text in some of the fields? You can do this by using the markup option before you share.
Your Sarasota IT Service Pros
Now that you know exactly how to scan from an iPhone without having to download a separate iPhone scanner app, you’re one step closer to having a fully functional home office. Have more questions about getting yourself or your employees up to speed? Contact Hypercube Tech for all of your Sarasota IT Support needs.
Sarasota IT Services
Sarasota IT Support
Primary SEO keyword: how to scan from an iphone (volume 600, difficulty 30)
Secondary keywords: iphone notes app, home scanner, iphone scanner app, free scanner for iphone
Meta: Working from home and need to scan a document? Here’s how to scan from an iPhone without downloading any apps!